Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Red French with a bow!

I know I say all of my nail designs are my absolute favorite but these are at the top of the list as of right now! They're a mix of the classic french manicure with a little color and sparkle!


See aren't they just awesome?!? Well I love them and this is how I did it!


First as always I started with a base coat, I used Nail Life Nail Revitalizer in original as I usually do. Then I started with a 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Smooth and Perfect - 02 Linen.


After that dried completely I used scotch tape to make the red french tip. Normally I use french tip stickers I think from Sally Hansen to make my french line but I just haven't been able to find them in stores lately. A Good tip for using tape is to first stick it to your hand first to remove some of the stickiness so that it doesn't rip off your nail polish that you already have on. I've learned this the hard way!  I used Sinful Colors - Ruby Ruby for the red tips.


After my tips where done I added a line of black to them to make them stand out a little I used a stripping brush that I got from an old bottle of polish that I didn't use any more that I just cleaned off with acetone. The black was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - 28 Black Out


Then the bow on my thumb which made me just fall in love with them as soon as I added the bow! it was easy to do just two little triangles and I used a little crystal rhinestone for the center of the bow I topped the whole thing off with a Seche Vite top coat just to really make it shine!


I hope you love these as much as I do! and I hope I added a little inspiration to your life :) Thanks for reading!

:)
  Kristy



No comments:

Post a Comment