Saturday, May 19, 2012

Neon polka dots

For a while now, I've wanted to try out neon nail polish. On Mother's Day, my husband, daughter and I went to the local Fruhlingsfest- Spring Festival. There was a cosmetic booth there selling makeup and nail polish (why at a festival? go figure...) so my husband bought me a few new polishes- three of which were neon! Yay!

I also have new dotting tools I wanted to try out...
So I used my new dotting tools with my new neon polishes and came up with this really, really cool mani. I love it way more than I was expecting.
It's pretty awesome, right?!
 And a close up...
I just love the way the color pops! I think if I were to do this again, I'd do fewer dots, but I still think this looks so great.
If I had a blacklight, this mani would be under it ASAP!

The black base is three coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black. I normally only use two coats, but I, forever being the optimist- painted the first two coats while my child was napping and my husband was at work. Duhhh... of course she woke up and you can only imagine what holding a very wiggly baby does to nails that aren't quite entirely dry... but a third coat fixed it no problem.

The neon colors are Cosmetica Fanatica. I also have neon green, which I did not use for this design. These polishes specify that they are for acrylic nails, but I used them on my natural nails.
My fabulous new dotting tools:

Black base: Sinful Colors Black on Black
Pink: Cosmetica Fanatica neon pink
Yellow: Cosmetica Fanatica neon yellow
Top coat: Revlon Base & Top Coat 965


1 comment: