Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rainbow Fish Nails


So who read this book when they where a little kid? I did and I always loved the colors and adventures of The Rainbow Fish. This book is where my inspiration for my latest nails came from.



These are my fish scale nails! I love the way they look so complex but how they are really so easy to do! Here's how I did mine.




These are the colors I picked to do my nails. They are (from left to right) Cosmetics Arts in neon pink I'm not positive the name because the sticker came off, China Glaze - Aquadelic, Sally Hansen - Limestone, China Glaze - Royal Tease, and Sinful Colors - Snow Me white.


I started with a base coat of course and then painted all but my ring fingers in Aquadelic and painted my ring fingers in Snow Me White so that when I put the colors on top they would really pop.


After that dried completely I put drops of all four colors on a piece of paper and used the top of a tooth pick for the dots the I layered on top of eachother.


I started at the top of the nail and did an over lapping pattern alternating colors all the way to the bottom. Once I got to the bottom I cleaned it up a little bit with my angle brush and a little acetone. After I was done I decided that it was sparkely enough for me so before my Seche Vite top coat I added a coat of China Glaze - Fairy Dust just for a little shine.



















I think they really do look like the fish scales and I'm very happy with my results. They ended up being a little time consuming, I couldn't imagine doing them on every nail! But I love them, as I do all of my nail art :)





As always thanks for reading and I hope I added a little inspiration to your day fishy style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment