Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Florida Sunset Nails

I wasn't quite sure what to do to my nails but I know I wanted to use the color orange because that is my mom's favorite color and I was going to have these nails on for mother's day. I picked out a few colors that I thought went with the orange and I decided they looked like a Florida sunset and that is what I decided to do!


They turned out better then I even expected! And I got TONS of compliments on them! This is how I did it.



I used 3 colors for the sunset part the orange is Nina's Ultra Pro - Orange Flame, the pink is a Cosmetic Arts color but the sticker fell off so i don't know the name but its a Neon Pink and the purple is Orly - Close Your Eyes. I started with my normal Nail Life base coat and finished with Seche Vite top coat to make it extra shiny. To start this look you need one of those white makeup sponges, you can get them at the dollar store they are super cheap!


You have to paint the colors in the order you want directly on to the sponge. It works best when you get the sponge wet and then ring out as much water as possible because it stays a little damp and doesn't suck up as much nail polish.


I tested mine out on a piece of paper first just to make sure that it looked like i wanted it to. After you get it looking like you want then instead of stamping on the paper you stamp it on your nails.



I'm not gonna lie it makes a MESS!!! I definitely should have taped off my nails first so that there wasn't so much clean up.


I used an angled brush that you can get from any arts and crafts store and dipped it into pure acetone to clean up my cuticles. I also used a Qtip and some cotton pads for the bugger mess. Oh and I've used just a regular flat brush to clean up my cuticles but an angled one works SOOOOO much better!



This was the after math of my nails I made a bit of a mess lol



I love these nails and my mom did too!! As always thanks for reading and I hope I added a little inspiration to your day!

:)
  Kristy








1 comment: