Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey inspired nails

I am SO excited to share this manicure with you!

Chances are, unless you live under a rock, you've at least heard of Fifty Shades of Grey, if you haven't already read it, that is. I read the first book and I'm currently on the second book, Fifty Shades Darker.

Like so many other things Christian Grey inspires (um, yum!), he also inspired my latest mani!
I only have one grey color in my polish collection, so after a base coat of the grey, I mixed some grey with black and made a darker grey. [A darker Grey... is that possible? ;)]

Thinking it needed a little more seductiveness to accurately portray Fifty Shades, I added a line of glitter between to the two shades.

I also wanted to represent a little bit of Christian personally by incorporating a bit of his Red Room...er, playroom. On my left thumb, I used a deep red instead of a darker shade of grey. On top of the basic design, I painted a dark grey necktie.
I'm usually not a huge fan of NYC colors, but I just thought this color red was the most appropriate for the design. Deep, ruby-red. I sealed it with a top coat to prevent chipping, which often happens with NYC colors.

I have to admit, I'm a bit in love with this mani. It's sultry, sexy, chic.



Grey: New York Color's Sidewalkers
Dark grey: mix of New York Color's Sidewalkers and Sinful Color's Black on Black
Silver: Milani Nail Art's Art of Silver
Red: New York Color's i211A
Top Coat: Revlon Base+Top Coat 965

What would you do for a Fifty Shades of Grey inspired manicure?

<3, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment