Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome to Pretty in Polish!

Hi! I'm Cassie, welcome to Pretty in Polish!

I love doing my nails. I've always had long, healthy nails and just love the way they look when they're painted. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was put on bedrest for a time in my third trimester. I was bored out of my mind and so I started giving myself a new manicure every day or every other day. That sparked my manicure love.

I had always done my nails before this too, of course, and even did fun designs now and again- but the bed rest thing was really my turning point.
Now I'm addicted, and trust me- painting my nails is not an easy addiction to have when I'm also caring for a 7-month-old 24/7!
I'm looking forward to being able to do my baby's toe nails! I'm hesitant now because she loves playing with her feet and I think if she sees pretty colors on them, she'll try to eat them. But soon!

I live in the Stuttgart area in Germany with my husband, our daughter and our dog. I'm a journalist and currently a stay-at-home mama. We recently moved here and I brought along 60+ polishes with me. I did leave a lot with my mom in Florida too. Luckily, only one polish leaked in the luggage, and it was in a plastic baggie so nbd!

My polishes are currently set up on a little organizer shelf on my vanity desk, but I have photo frame/spice rack shelves from Ikea waiting to be installed. I plan to use them for my polishes, we'll see how that turns out!

Like Kristy, I also love brand name polishes- especially OPI and China Glaze, but those are everyone's favorite, right? :) My favorite brand of polish is Butter London. They're non-toxic and don't include formaldehyde, parabens or any other harmful ingredients. They also come in fabulous colors and glide on smoothly, and the colors stay shiny and beautiful!

I'll admit, though, most of my polishes are the cheapies. My favorite cheapie brand is Pure Ice.

I love doing fun designs and using new colors, and I'll be sure to post often about new manicures!

Love, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment