Friday, April 13, 2012

One Direction-inspired

Yesterday, I went over to a friend's house and did her daughters' nails.

The first manicure I gave was band-inspired. Like any other 14-year-old girl, C is obsessed with a boy band. (No, really. She totally knows more about this band than I knew about N'Sync, and that's saying something.) I feel old and out of the loop saying this, but before yesterday, I had never heard of One Direction. (embarrassed!)
While I did her nails, C's little sister put on YouTube videos of One Direction on SNL and on the Today show. It was certainly inspirational. :)
The band consists of 5 guys- four British guys and one Irish guy. So naturally, we did four British flags and one Irish flag.

Once we were done with this hand, we realized we did the Irish flag sideways, so we changed it up to be correct on the other hand. Whoops!

Then, I did C's little sister's nails. M and I looked through photos on Pinterest and she settled on a mani that I had pinned a while back- all white nails with some black dots forming a pretty tribal-type design. We played with the idea a little and came up with this:
It was fairly easy, quick and it turned out really cute! I think I'd like to do something similar to this on my own nails soon. I used a ballpoint pen dipped in a drop of black polish to do the dots.

One Direction nails:
Blue: Sally Hansen's X-Treme Wear Blue Me Away
White: Sally Hansen's French white tip
Red: Maybelline Ultimate Wear Red Hot Rouge
Green: Catrice Cosmetics King of Greens
Orange: Sally Hansen's X-Treme Wear Sun Kissed

Pink and Polka Dots nails:
Pink: Pure Ice: Love
Black: Sinful Colors Black on Black

Love, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment