Monday, June 11, 2012

Feather Nails Anyone???

So I did feather nails close to a year ago and while shopping at Micheal's the other day I realized that hey those where really cool and that I should do them again so hear we are Feather Nails!! :)


Ok so these may look difficult to do but trust me they are much easier then regular nail art that's for sure!


So this is what I used Started with a base coat of my favorite Nail Life Nail Revitilizer in Original, then I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect in Linen and after I was done I topped it all off with Seche Vite top coat of course! And of course the thing that made this manicure possible feathers!! I picked these up at Micheal's and they are multi colored spotted feathers and they where only a few dollars, I would definitely recommend experimenting with all different colors for this mani!


To start pick out your feathers for your nails. When I bought my bag of feathers I picked the one with the biggest nicest looking feathers in it. This was a mistake! Because you're not going to be putting huge feathers on your nails just little itty bitty ones. So if you go out looking for feathers for your nails I recommend picking the bag with a bunch of little one instead of the bag with a bunch of big ones.


After your first coat of polish dried and you have applied your second before its dry all you do is stick a feather on your wet nail. Easy peasy! You wanna do this to one nail at a time so that the polish stays wet.


I though they looked pretty cool like this but DEFINITELY not practical lol. So you gotta trim them up just take nail clippers or cuticle nippers and cut them off right at the tip. After I did that I let them dry completely and them buffed the tips just to make sure nothing was sticking out anywhere. And when you're all done trimming everything up then apply your top coat. Because the feathers are not completely flat to get that flat shiny polished look your gonna need a couple layers of top coat.


But that's it really nothing to it! Now I experimented with putting a different base color under your nails before putting on the feathers and to get that to look right your gonna have to wait until the color dries and then apply a clear coat of what ever you have handy and then stick the feathers to that. If you stick them directly to the colored polish the feathers get lost and it just doesn't look right.


Thank you so much for reading! I hope I added a little inspiration to your day!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment