Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th nails!

So I'm a day late with this post but these techniques can be used for lots of different designs.



These nail where done using a simple technique and I'm sure with a little practice and tome anyone can achieve what I did!


Here's what I used; Seche Rebuild as my base coat, Essie - Boat House as my red, Sinful colors - White on white as my white, China Glaze - Frostbite as my blue and of course Seche Vite as my top coat.


First start with a base coat of White on White.


Then I used masking tape to tape off the tips just to make a nice clean line across the tip.



I painted blue over the tips. The tape makes it really easy to paint because you don't have to worry about getting the line perfectly straight.


See pretty cool huh? You want to take the tape off right after you paint your nails because if the paint dries too much then the nice clean line you want will get messed up.


I used tape for the red lines as well. If i where to do this design again I think I would just free hand the lines because I think that would have been easier then cutting up all those pieces of tape because none ended up being the same size.


This is what it looked like with out the tape. Yes it needs to be cleaned up but its not too bad :)


The thought of painting actual stars on my nails did cross my mind but I also thought that little dots would look just as good and I wouldn't rip my hair trying to get all the stars to look the same. I just used a tooth pick for the little dots.


I hope you all had a wonderful safe 4th of July, and I hope I managed to add a little inspiration to your day! As always thanks for reading! Please let me know if you have any requests or techniques you want to see :)


:)











No comments:

Post a Comment